JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. — The Sequoyah Council, Boy Scouts of America will host “Scout it Out Day” on Wednesday, April 18, at Camp Davy Crockett in Whitesburg, Tennessee. The event will coincide with the launch of a public capital campaign to support the camp.
“Scout it Out Day” is designed to give members of the media an opportunity to visit and engage in the Camp Davy Crockett experience, and gain firsthand perspective of the camp’s activities and programs. Available activities include archery, zip lining and an overview of Project C.O.P.E. (Challenging Outdoor Personal Experience), as well as interviews with current and former Scouts, plus availability with members of the Sequoyah Council leadership team.
The event is scheduled to begin at 11:30 a.m. A complimentary shuttle will depart from Sequoyah Council offices, located at 129 Boone Ridge Drive in Johnson City, at 10:30 a.m. Media who are not interested in the shuttle service are advised to arrive at Camp Davy Crockett at 11:30 a.m. The camp is located at 142 Boy Scout Road in Whitesburg (some maps may list the address as 142 Scout Camp Road). Lunch will be provided.
The schedule of events includes:
- 10:30 a.m. Shuttle departs Sequoyah Council offices
- 11:30 a.m. Arrival at Camp Davy Crockett
- 11:40 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Lunch
- 12:15 p.m. – 2 p.m. The Camp Davy Crockett experience
- 2 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Interviews with current and former scouts, Sequoyah Council leadership
- 2:30 p.m. Shuttle departs for Sequoyah Council offices
To register for the event, contact Whitney Yarber at 423.793.1351 or email@example.com.